Skip to main content

A grant is given by the federal government, the state or the CSU as a gift; you don’t need to repay a grant or work to earn the money. You may be eligible for one or more of these grants.

Federal Grants

Federal Supplemental Educational ​Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

You may be eligible to receive between $100 and $4,000 a year from this grant.

Learn About the FSEOG

The TEACH Grant

Students who receive the TEACH grant must agree to teach in a high-need field for at least four years.

Learn About the TEACH Grant​​​

Federal Pell Grants

Pell Grants are typically awarded only to undergraduate students without a bachelor's degree.
For the 2016–17 award year, the maximum award is $5,815.

​State Grants

Cal Grants

To qualify for a Cal Grant, you must be a California resident and meet other eligibility, financial and GPA requirements.

Learn About Cal Grants

Middle Class Scholarship

California's Middle Class Scholarship provides a scholarship to undergraduate students with a family income of up to $156​,000.

Learn About the Middle Class Scholarship

​​CSU Grants​

State University Grant (SUG)

These need-based awards—administered by the CSU—are given to eligible undergraduate and graduate students.

Learn About the SUG Program

Doctoral Grants

The CSU Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP) aims to increase the number of promising doctoral students who want to teach at the CSU.

Learn About CDIP​ ​

Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Grant

​This CSU-administered grant is designed to improve access and retention of students who are low-income and/or educationally disadvantaged.


​​​​​Other Types of Financial Aid​

GrantsLoansScholarshipsVeterans' AidWork-Study